Actuaries were among the first to do "data science" in the 19th Century and are embracing the new tools of today.
Today's actuary has an important role to play in helping translate the insights from data into practical business actions.
Big Data and Machine Learning are affecting every aspect of business in new areas (eg marketing and management) as well as more traditional ones like insurance, pensions and finance.
This site is intended to be a central springboard for actuaries for data science / big data / advanced analytics.
Current list of Courses
- We aim to add links to some available courses (both traditional and online) here
- Some individuals have kindly agreed to act as points of contact (and possibly mentors, but please bear in mind that the amount of time they can devote on a voluntary basis is likely to be limited)
- See Network
- There is a (limited subscription) team/collaboration site (for contributors from the different actuarial associations)
- The team site uses Microsoft Teams and is here
- If you wish to be considered as a contributor please get in touch with us via our Contact page
Some Case Studies
- We aim to add links to some relevant case studies here